Contributors

About my blog...

Although this blog was created for a World History project, it also has an effect on me & my family. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, my father, Orlando Rojas Ramos, fled his home country of Cuba in 1962. He left his family, friends, & life behind in hope to find a bigger a better future. While his experiences shaped the person that I know & love today, I will never be able to fully comprehend what it is like to be forced away from everything I know. The intensity & the sacrifices that he made at that time will forever be imprinted in his memories in every moment of every day. Therefore, this blog is also dedicated to my dad, Orlando Rojas. I love you.

Throughout this blog, I will attempt to touch upon some of agricultural effects the Post-Revolution had on Cuba.

22.4.09

How trade with Russia caused a shortage of food in Cuba...

This is an audio clip from me interviewing my Dad...



Although this is an attempt of spreading comic relief on the situation, which I might add that may Dad completely loved, he still could not walk away without explaining again how serious the situation really was. Not only were they trading food, but my father witnessed the rise of war tanks and other arms which ultimately led to the Cuban Missile crisis.

0 remarks: